Sunday, September 23, 2007

A good weekend

This weekend I attended a Quest Leadership training for some of my students and it was a good time. The program seeks to give emotional IQ skills to high schoolers and mature middle schoolers. Many students share very emotional stories that they've never told anyone else. They learn that everything they do is a choice and that they are ultimately responsible for their lives. I had 8 of my 8th graders at the training and there were about 7th graders as well. Although all of my saturday and most of my sunday was taken up by the program, it never felt like a waste of time. I've had my weekends taken up by other things that were less fruitful than this program. While I have a good amount of work tonight, along with having to be up in 10 hours, I don't feel guilty about it at all.

No comments: