Friday, July 13, 2007

We're Done

Summer school teaching ended today and Institute ended yesterday with the closing ceremonies. It was a really fun last day. We had "explo day" where students came around to their rooms with their parents and participated in activities that showcased what we accomplished this summer. The 7th grade science teachers did many of our cool experiments and attracted a crowd near the end of the day. Both the closing ceremonies and our all school meeting had slideshows that showcased the last 5 weeks. I really cannot believe it's been that long.

I'm almost all packed up--I'll probably load the car tonight. Tomorrow at 8 AM I'll be heading to the Delta.

Training was pretty intense, but rewarding and worth it. I feel prepared for at least the first day. I definitely have a bunch of books I'll be reading before the year starts, though. This really was the first time I was challenged to this extent (sophomore year with MT comes in at a distant second). I feel now that I am used to getting up a 5:30am and working even after I get back at 4:30pm. I know that the Delta will present a new and even higher challenge. I know this sounds corny, but my job as a corps member isn't to save the world. It's simply to be the most effective teacher for every student that comes into my classroom.

No comments: