Sunday, July 8, 2007

Overdue update

This week was, by far, the easiest week yet of Institute. I've had 3 students come consistently to class and most of the classes went really well. We had a review day on tuesday and I used a variety of ways to introduce material such as short videos, drawing, and pictures--the students really enjoyed them. July 4 was not too eventful as we still had to attend curriculum sessions in the morning. We did get to sleep in an extra hour. I never thought that I'd be happy to get up at 7 in the summer. The rest of the day was spent hanging out, sleeping, and a movie. No one could really party because of having to teach class on Thursday. The rest of the week was uneventful--no food fights or power outages to report. Next Saturday I leave for the Delta, which means a 10 hour car ride. Luckily, I've got a friend riding with me so the trip won't be too bad. I'm sure I'll have more once I arrive in the Delta.

No comments: